Are your leather products genuine?
100%. Before we opened this e-store, we were disappointed with the number of fake products being sold to customers and the ridiculously priced leather goods, which neither reflected the craftsmanship nor the quality. Hence at Leatheq, we make sure all our leather goods are made with selected full-grain, the first layer or top-grain genuine cow leather, we never make bags with second layer leather, fake leather or any other poor quality leather.
Are your bags eco-friendly?
Yes, our bags are totally eco-friendly and also crafted from the means of ‘Vegetable Tanning’. This type of tanning is a single that could be nearly all traditional as well as gives natural leather its exclusive natural features, without the use of chemicals!
It relates to the usage of ‘Tannin’ - an astringent, bitter plant mixture that binds proteins in conceal (animalskin) and also coats them. The method causes the disguise to be a little more versatile. This also brings about these to turn out to be much less water-soluble and more resistant to bacterial assault.
Benefits of Vegetable Tanned leather items:
- Vegetable tanning is environment-friendly and the items created using all of them are completely recyclable.
- Given that vegetable tanning is a conventional method, the majority of tanneries (office exactly where skins and also hides are tanned) possess tradesmen which are extremely experienced for creating and also dyeing the leather-based.
- Shades that vegetable-tanned items generate are wealthy and appear natural.
What are these weird leather terms aka Crazy Horse Leather and all?
We have some great and interesting info for you here.
My bag's color and shade seem a little different from the pictures you have up here.
That's because each leather hide comes from a different animal and it's only natural for them to have some unique shade or tint. Remember we are talking real 100% genuine leather here? No fake stuff. On the better side, each product has its unique look and feel.
I see some scratches on my bag.
That's a sign of top-grade leather, mostly full-grain leather. From healed scrapes where the animal possibly brushed against a wired fence, to insect bites or thicker surface areas and neck wrinkles, or even vein marks. Well we all have them, right? These slight irregularities are embraced and incorporated into our products to showcase each product's natural individuality and their handcrafted nature. Cows roam freely in their natural habitat and it's only common that their hides carry the marks of their life story. These scratches are a proof that you are getting the first layer genuine cow leather.
Is it safe to put my credit card number into this website?
We don’t store any of your credit card information (that’s handled by our payment processor, Stripe, the best and one of the most secure in the business). We never had a single incident of online fraud so far and we will never share your personal information with anyone else.
Which credit cards you accept?
We accept all four regular credit cards: VISA, MasterCard, AMEX, and Discover.
You accept Paypal payments?
Which currency these prices are in?
United State Dollars i.e. USD.
Shipping, Refunds & Returns
All packages are sent with 'signature required'. We always make sure that our customers receive their goods safe and sound. So when you receive your 'out for delivery' notification, please be at your shipping address so that you can receive the bag. DHL will not leave the package if the recipient isn't home. You can also choose to contact DHL/Fedex to leave your package at your door without signatures, but in that case you assume the full responsibility of the security of your premises as well as your package. Hope it makes sense.
At Leatheq Leather Studio, we offer leather products with the finest leather at the highest standard. Our collection represents many months of research and product testing. We are confident that our products will last several decades or even your whole life. We like to keep things simple around here.
So, as long as we're around (we're going nowhere, running stronger than ever) we will take care of the products we make and the customers we've been fortunate enough to serve.
- If your product breaks as a result of normal wear and tear* we will fix it or replace it for as long as you own it. *What constitutes "normal wear and tear"? Simple...using it for its intended purpose day in and day out. For example...if you choose to use the shoulder strap to tow your buddy's truck to the shop and it breaks. Well, that's kind of a cool idea, but it's not covered. We'll replace the strap for you, but you will pay for it. If you're carrying your bag to work and a rivet pops out...that's covered. We'll fix it. See the difference? We value integrity and honesty here...so please respect that and deal with us truthfully. We'll certainly do the same!
Exchanges & Refunds
- We assume responsibility for replacing or repairing incorrect or defective products.
- If you find your order is not-as-described or defective, you may return it within 30 days of receipt of the product. * During the Christmas shopping season. We permit a longer return time if you purchase the item as a Christmas gift. If he/she doesn't like it, just keep the item in new condition and never worn, you can return it for a full refund or exchange it after Christmas.
- If you are returning a product without any of the above reasons i.e. it's neither defective nor not-as-described, we still welcome the return within the return-window. In such a case, because we have already paid to ship your order to you, your order will be refunded minus the shipping charges.
- If you are returning a product because you don't want to pay the customs duties/taxes charged by your country, we still welcome the return. In such a case, because we have already paid to ship your order to you, your order will be refunded minus the shipping charges.
- Customized products are not eligible for refund or exchange.
Below is a short version of return policy:
What items are returnable?
- Within 30 days of receipt of your shipment i.e. return-window
- In original condition
- Unwashed and Unworn
- In the original packaging
What items are non-refundable?
- Free gifts or custom made items
Are there any charges for return?
- There are no charges for return
- Original shipping charges are non-refundable
- You are responsible for return shipping charges
How do I return?
- Contact us at email@example.com with your order number and email address
- Follow the instructions given
- Once your return request was approved, you will get a confirmation email with shipping guidelines
How soon will I get my refund?
- Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund.
- If you are approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied original method of payment, within 10 business days.
Personalized and Custom Handmade orders cannot be refunded.
What about customs duties/taxes?
Please note that we ship worldwide and always try to ship in a way that should go through customs without a sweat but some countries have tougher regulations than others and we cannot possibly predict and control the taxes levied by them. We are not responsible for taxes charged by customs.
*Please note - packages sent without prior discussion via email or phone call will not be processed as returns or exchanges. Please be sure you communicate with us prior to sending something back. Thank you.
Your store is in Canada then why my order was shipped from Mexico, China or India?
Affordability. For some of our products, we source the finest leather and craftsmanship from some of the biggest leather producing countries. This helps us offer our customers high-quality leather products at affordable prices. Though we are located in Calgary, Canada, for some of our products we proudly partner with creators, artisans and crafters from the US to Mexico to China who share our vision and meet standards of craftsmanship, excellence and ethical values. That's why we offer 100% satisfaction guarantee or easy return-n-refund.
How much time does it take between purchase and delivery?
Your order will be processed and shipped within four (4) business days of the order date, excluding weekends and holidays. It takes about 7-10 days by SF shipping and 5-7 days by DHL/FedEx to be delivered to most worldwide countries. Most of our orders are delivered well within 1-2 weeks of purchase. Yet, on some rare occasions, some orders may take 3-4 weeks.
What's your return policy?
We understand that there are times you might not like your product, and we offer a 30 day window to return your product for a full refund if in unused and perfect condition (less original shipping fees). If you would like to return your item, there is no restocking fee, but you will be responsible for paying the shipping back to us. Read our warranty and return policy here.
My tracking status hasn't changed since a few days.
Because we ship by quality shippers like DHL usually, that would happen rarely that your shipping tracking status doesn't change for many days. However, sometimes the tracking status doesn't get updated for a few days. This isn't something you should be alarmed about. This happens when parcels are on their way between countries (most of our products are shipped from our overseas warehouses) or waiting at your local postal sorting facility. Please don't worry you will receive your order within the listed time (1-2 weeks). Soon the tracking info will be updated and you will be notified.
My order never arrived.
Our delivery time is listed 1-2 weeks. If you are still under that period, please relax. Check your order confirmation email for the tracking number. Also, check the last tracking notification email we sent. If that doesn’t work tell us what you ordered and your order number, and we’ll help you out. Relax, we never lost an order.
Why my order isn't shipped right away?
We make handcrafted goods. Sometimes it takes a day to two to get your order ready. That's why in some cases, you may notice a slight delay between your order placement and shipping. Safety first, right?
I haven't heard back since I ordered.
You must have received email notifications when your order is accepted and when it's shipped. We also send email notifications whenever the shipping status of your order changes i.e. in transit, out for delivery or delivered. Please check your spam folder. We might be lurking in there. Still nothing? Tell us and we will help you out with your order information. We take pride in saying that we never missed an order.
My order arrived incomplete or damaged.
Take a deep breath. Contemplate the transience of all things. In your mind’s eye, envision the faces of everyone you love and everything you hold dear, and let them go. Tell us what you ordered and your order number, attach some pics to show the problem and we’ll help you out.
I am not satisfied with my order and want to return my order.
Sorry to hear that. There's no fun running a store that can't make its customers happy. We provide a 100% satisfaction guarantee within 30 days of purchase. So just let us know and we will help you out. Please include your order number and any other relevant information.
Let's see...we don't charge cancellation fees (before shipping), we generally replace things that arrive severely damaged, and if your order needs to be refunded, we'll issue your refund within 4 business days from our last email. Here's our return policy.
Do you still need help?
You can send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, Please include your order number and any other relevant information.